Saturday, February 4, 2012

FAIL

So I woke up around 8 this morning and realized it was definitely not going to be a pretty day outside.  Emily and I couldn't decide if we wanted to brave the weather and go ahead and run or wait until it was pretty out tomorrow.  Well, after deciding that it really wasn't raining very hard we would go ahead and get our long run in for the week. 

After about 2 miles I was pouring sweat.  The humidity today was around 98% and I quickly realized it was a  BIG mistake to wear a jacket..HA! While waiting for a red light I took it off and tied it around my waste but was annoyed I had worn it in the first place. 

Then around mile 3, I really really had to go to the bathroom.  I was super thirsty for some reason this morning so I'm pretty sure drinking an excess amount of water caused this issue.  This has never happened to me before!  We ran by a park and I ran off to go to the bathroom only to find the bathroom was locked. NOT HAPPY!!!!!! 

I was so thirsty but told myself I could not drink anymore or I really would pee myself. 

(Picture not from today)
I do love my hand held water bottle though! 

Needless to say, in the end this caused the rest of the run to be awful.  The only thing I could think about was how much I had to go to the bathroom and how if I didn't find somewhere soon I may just wet my pants.  I saw a man walking out to his car and even thought about asking him if I could pretty please use his bathroom but figured that would be super creepy and just weird.  

Emily was not having the best run either so in the end our 10 mile run turned into 6 which is pretty disappointing but I guess it could be worse. That has never happened to us before. We have never had to cut a run that short but I guess there is a first time for everything.

Me and Emily after our failed long run :( 
We have already decided to run around 6 to 7 miles tomorrow to make up for our laziness today. 

On a better note, my Memphis Tigers won today against Xavier and we desperately needed that win! GO TIGERS! 

Lata dudes. 

1 comment:

  1. I think I need one of those handheld water bottles! Following your blog! :)

    Mine is www.alongthewaywithvandj.blogspot.com if you wanna follow!

    ReplyDelete