Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Boring...

Sorry it's been a while! I have definitely been slacking on the whole blog thing but had more important things to do ;) Anyways, as I mentioned in the last post, I recently got an iPhone and my dad told me to get the RunKeeper app and I used it for the first time last week and loved it! I love how you can set a goal pace for each mile and then you have a "coach" telling you if you are meeting that goal and by how much! 


I also love how you can see your pace for each mile!! I set my goal pace for 10 minutes a mile but the slowest mile I had was around 9:30! I am hoping to get around 2 hours for my next half marathon so hopefully I will continue getting faster! 

I also attended a boot camp class at a church this past Tuesday and it was a lot of fun but the next day was NOT!  It is free which is definitely a positive and fun too- they play awesome music throughout the class! And man oh man was I sore the next day! Those squats were killer and walking up and down the stairs to my room the next few days was definitely painful! But will definitely be doing this class again! 

 My "workout" mat and weights that we used throughout the class! 

School was out for the kids on Friday so I had the day off and planned to do my long run that day because it was supposed to be freezing on Saturday!  Well, as I headed over to Emily's (I told you I would mention her in pretty much every post) it began to rain and even snow a little.  It was already super cold out and figured running in the cold while it was raining would not be very fun!  We really wanted to get a long run in and the weather was not supposed to be any better on Saturday either so we decided to hit up the YMCA for a long run around the indoor track/ on the treadmill. 

I ran about 6.5 on the track (I went around and around in a circle A LOT!) and then we ran 3 miles on the treadmill to total about 9.5 miles! I definitely enjoy running outside more but am super glad I got a long run in without having to do that in the freezing cold!


This was a super lame and boring post. Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment